I am committed to safeguarding the privacy of my website visitors; this policy sets out how I will treat your personal information.
- What information do I collect?
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and me on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of my goods or services;
- information that you provide to me for the purpose of registering with me (including your first and second name, email address, date of birth, home town, username, password, sex, an alias name that you may provide, your company name and postal address and your company email address, website and telephone number(s));
- information that you provide to me for the purpose of subscribing to my website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to me.
- Using your personal data
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you my newsletter and other marketing communications relating to my business which I think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about my users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which I am (or am contemplating) selling.
- International data transfers
- Security of your personal data
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
- Third party websites
- Updating information
- Data controller
I may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
I use "session" cookies on the website. I will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser or log out.
my advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
I may use your personal information to:
Where you submit personal information for publication on my website, I will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to me.
I will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, I may disclose information about you:
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
I will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. I will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes).
The website contains links to other websites. I are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let me know if the personal information which I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
I am the data controller responsible for my website (Sebastian Webb).
and distributed by Website-law.co.uk.